Review - Blood and Bone by V.M Giambanco

Blood and Bone - V.M. Giambanco

Having read them all back to back I enjoyed this third book in the Alice Madison series but number two is still my favourite. I like that most of the characters appear all the way through the series but not much was added to their backstories here and I don't know much more about any of them than I did at the end of book two. Well, apart from a tiny bit of romance which I'm hoping is taken forward into the next book because that's a really interesting development.

It's well written and the story is a good one, it was just a bit slow to get going, I just wanted it to get to the point a bit quicker. The only thing I really have a problem with in this series though (apart from the initial pacing) is the endings. The conclusion always feel rushed and unsatisfying. It takes so long to get there and then it's over in a flash. I just wish things would start wrapping up a bit earlier to give the ending more time to unravel and be explained.

I wouldn't recommend just jumping in at this one. It can probably be read as a standalone but there is too much history between the characters to skip ahead and while a little of it is summarised as this story progresses there's just too much that is missed.

A solid story and I'm really looking forward to the next in the series.

I received this free title from the publisher for review purposes.