Booklikes, why you do this?

Well, seems like I'm back where I was two years ago. Looking for a new home on the web...sorta.  Maybe.

The situation is a little bit different this time, last time GR pissed me off big style and after 7 years I got the hump and removed all my content and went looking elsewhere.  The 'where' was here at BL and I've never looked back.

I'm sure everyone has heard by now but for those that haven't...  After following the thread over at the Bug Reports group and a few of the friend feed I follow it seems like BL has been sold. Not a lot of info regarding that yet but coupled with the lack of BL staff presence and bug fixing being ignored (and we are ignored despite constant pleas for info) it's not looking good. What will happen to BL?  I'm not getting a good feeling. Will I have to move again?  Will things here continue as normal with new staff seeing to the smooth running? Will all my friends leave for pastures new?

I like it here, a lot. I like the interface, the blogging aspect, the ease of it all and most importantly the people here.  I've made so many good friends and I'd hate to lose that.  Plus I'd hate to lose all my content but that's the lesser of the two evils.

I've been spending the last couple of days trying to find another site that might be handy if it it all goes Pete Tong here...there are not a lot of book community sites out therethough.  Those that are there are not really what I'm looking for either. GR was never really great for me, I just stayed there out of laziness really but BL is everything I want from a book site (well, it would be if the database was a bit better) and there's nothing like that out there, I know 'cos I've looked.

So, I'm trying out a few of the alternatives while I wait to see what will happen here.  Not all are really book platforms but I'll make it work for me if I have to.

I was already on LibraryThing and LeafMarks but don't really use those much. Maybe I'll have to learn to love them more.  This week I've joined 4 or 5 new sites most of which I forget for now but it'll come back to me as soon as I hit 'post' I expect but off the top of my head I remember Riffle was one of them (but the interface seems a bit clunky there).   I also set an account on Instagram where it seems there is a bookstagram community that might be interesting. I'll try and challenge myself to posting a book pic at least once a day and maybe that'll be enough in the short term. I'd join Litsy too if I had an apple phone but there's no website yet and no android app.  Sadly.

I have had my blogspot blog for over 7 years so there's always that to fall back on. Coupled with bloglovin' that might be enough for me, if I knew more of my friends here used a blog...  And of course there's always GR which I only really use as a database to track my reading but if anyone wants to hook up there I'm okay with that, I just don't post any content. I also have Twitter and Facebook but don't use those for anything else than looking at everyone elses stuff, I very, very rarely post anything of my own.  Then there was that site that I used for a few weeks last year that some of my Booklikey friends were on....what was that one called again?  Hmmm, I forget....

Urgh! I'm all over the place with all this. I'm not planning on jumping any time soon, I'm just trying to get ahead of the game in case it all goes down the tubes. I don't want to come to log in here one day and find it's all closed up and I've got no clue where everyone went to.  If anyone knows of a great new site or hears of a mass migration somewhere else, please let me know. Please. Thank you.