Review - Cowboy Take Me Away by Jane Graves

Cowboy Take Me Away - Jane Graves

Small Town Romance in Texas ~This was so wonderful! I loved it so much! It's the first book in a new series called Rainbow Valley. I can't fault it at all, it's all kinds of awesome! I don't have enough chick lit under my belt to know what's formulaic and what's not but I think if all of them were this kind of perfect I'd have no problem with that and could read them all day long. I'll definitely be looking out for any and all cowboy romance books from now on.

This just bumped the current number one read of 2013 off it's pedestal and took top position! I tried to make it last as long as I could while at the same time wrestling with the urge to race to the last page to see how it ended. I just ate up every word.

It's got a tortured and troubled Rodeo hero (cowboy Luke *swoon*) who shares history with the reluctant heroine (Shannon) who runs the animal shelter, a deluded dentist who also hopes to snag the heroine, an overbearing mother and a kitchy sister who sells found treasures on ebay, a few quirky gal pals....some rescued animals in desperate need of new, loving, forever homes. Did I mention the cowboy? It's just so good! I barely know where to begin to explain how much I loved it. I can't put it into words... It's romantic and funny, sad and touching, exciting and inspiring. It's got it all.

The little side stories are so cute too and I really hope there's another story in the pipeline for Russell the dentist I'd love to know how he gets on. To begin with I just wanted him to get lost and grow a pair but by the end I was rooting for him and I hope he gets a story of his own.

It's just a really, really good story which has been written really, really well. I'll maybe let my thoughts settle and see if I can come up with a more coherent review, at the moment I'm just too gushy and fangirly over it to string a decent sentence together.

My only small gripe is with the ending, it seemed rushed. I wanted to know every little detail but the last chapter was 'this happened' and then 'this happened', The End. What was there was good, but I felt I was being hurried to the exit door with a firm hand on my elbow.

I'm desperate to read the follow on book(s) but it seems like the next one isn't due to be published until 2014. OhMiGod, I don't know if I can hold on that long!¬!

SUCH a great read!