Review - Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Succubus Blues - Richelle Mead

The way to tell if a series is any good, is to get to the end of the first part and ask yourself "Will I be reading the follow on parts?". Well, I probably will be reading the rest of the Succubus books, but I'm not desperate to do it right now.

It's an ok book. It's got some interesting characters (I really like Carter), it had a bit of suspense (although I sort of guessed who-dunnit about half way through), it's got a nice mix of otherworldy goings-on and it's got a bit of romance thrown in.....although Succubii don't normally go for the 'romance' side of things really....usually.

Anyway, I'll read the next in the series for one main reason. The ending! Or rather, the beginning, because the first chapter of the next book was tacked onto the end of Succubus Blues and that was the clincher. Blues is an ok book, but nothing out of the ordinary, but the teaser chapter of the next book sounds great..... If that preview chapter hadn't been there I probably would call it a day at book one.

I liked it but it's not unlike a hundred other paranormal books out there at the moment. It's just a variation on a theme and if I'm honest I've maybe done them to death and they're all getting a bit 'samey'.

Must have something going for it though, I was ready to throw in the towel with this series but just at the final bell I got hooked back in....

Maybe it'll turn out to be my favourite series ever.