The time has come...

I've been saying to myself for a while now, "Self, steer clear of books written by SPA's."

I think I'm ready to take that advice.

Every day I read about another one having a meltdown, or a temper tantrum and/or a flounce and I can't be bothered with it any more.

I read for fun and sometimes I like to write reviews of what I've read and if I'm looking over my shoulder the whole time and worrying if my book author is one of the unhinged ones then I'm doing it wrong.

I have a note added to my review policy that says I'm not accepting books to review at the moment but that doesn't stop the daily emails saying, "review my book".  Do they not take the time to read that I'm not accepting?  Or do they just think that it doesn't apply to their book as their book is special?  I got one yesterday with no salutation (not even a 'Hi') just straight into it with "I have a book I'd like you to review".  No 'thanks' or 'please' just 'read my book and review it'.  Those kind just get put straight into the bin.

It's not like I'm short of books that I'll just take anything I can get my hands on for the sake of getting a book. In the last three days alone the postman has dropped off 15 books from publishers. With over 2k on my kindle and hard copies in the 100's I'm not short of books

Life is too short.  If I wanted to surround myself in drama I'd just head over to my mother-in-law's house for the day.

It's such a shame that it's come to this because there are some great SPA's and they write fantastic stories but I just can't be bothered sifting through them all to try and separate out the crap ones.  I'm done.