Review - The Proposal by Tasmina Perry

The Proposal - Tasmina Perry

I enjoyed this one a lot. I've never read any of this author's books before so didn't know what to expect but went into it expecting something that was perhaps chick lit-ish. It wasn't really that sort of book though, as it turns out. Chick lit for me is usually a modern, funny romance with quirky characters and that doesn't really describe this.

Georgia is in her 70's and her story takes place mostly in and around the late 1950's when she was a teen during her debutante season. She advertises for a traveling companion in the present day and her ad is filled by Amy a young American dancer who is getting over a recent break up.

Despite the age difference the two become friends and the story is quite charming and touching. I actually preferred reading about Georgia's past more than Amy's present but the two stories interlink and by the end I was invested in Amy's happiness too.

The ending seemed a bit rushed to be honest and it wasn't the outcome I had expected but all in all it was a good story. I'll look out for more from this author.

Note: I received a free copy of this title from the publisher.