Review - True Love by Jude Deveraux

True Love (Mass Market) - Jude Deveraux

True Love is the first in a new series - The Nantucket Brides #1

This is the first Jude Deveraux book I've read so I don't know how it compares to her earlier stories but I believe the Montgomery family in this one are the descendents of the original Montgomery's from one of her earlier series.  I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, the story... I enjoyed it.  Eventually.  I liked it right from the start but there was something that I can't quite put my finger on that stopped me from loving it.  It was a gradual thing because the two main characters took a bit of time for me to warm to and were more than a little frustrating in the beginning.  They grew on me over time though and as their romance blossomed I started to root for them.

Usually I like my mysteries and romance story's kept separate and prefer one or the other but the two mingled really well here and I really liked the ghostly interactions.  I don't think it wouldn't have been half as good without them.  It's like two romances for the price of one.

The setting of Nantucket is a good one and I got a real feeling of the place's beauty and History as I read.  Sounds like a wonderful place.  I'm not sure I'll want to read further into the series though.  I might have to get the earlier Montgomery series and start at the beginning to get a better feel for them all.  Maybe I'm just missing something here by not having read the others.

If you haven't read the other series it won't matter, this is a stand alone series (I think) but maybe having read her earlier work would have made me more attached to this one.

It's a lovely beach read kind of book and I'd recommend it if you like a bit of paranormal with your romance.

*Note - I was sent a  complimentary copy of this book by the publisher*